Hirji Jamal School
Marhum Adalji Dhanji Kaba mentions that he was appointed as the headmaster of this school which was located at 'Vartej Darwaja'. The school functioned under the supervision of Judge of the Gujarat State Mr. Muhammad Ali Abdul Ali (an Ithna Asheri Khoja). Some of the information Kaba shares about this school is as follows:
1. More than 200 pupils used to study in this school.
2. The school had classes till 4th standard.
3. Eight assistant teachers in the school. All were Hindus except one who used to teach Islam.
4. The building was huge.
5. The school operated under a charitable trust.
6. It was a private school
7. Adalji's salary was 20 rupees per month.
8. Adalji saheb in his service of four months was able to attract 70 new Muslim pupils. Previously, the school had 50 Muslim pupils and 150 Hindus.
9. One class in the morning was dedicated to Qur'an. Qazi Abdullah used to teach Qur'an but only to Muslim pupils.
Resource: Kaba ni Khani, p. 194